BYYB Forums

Full Version: Progress report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Slowly making headway, health being a setback and all, but I got the lazerette panel on today, and trimmed the hull panels back to the deck line. The bird's mouth part of my mast is all glued up, about half planed. Got the mast and boom for the Mini Cup to that point as well. Will start on the weekender seats and cabin next. Camera's acting up for some reason, I'll post some pics later.
Ok, here's some pics... :oops:

First one is from the camera problem, but it is covered up now. A "piece of eight":

[Image: mast_coin.JPG]

And the bird's mouth mast...

[Image: mast.JPG]

Next, I started stripping the deck with cedar:

[Image: bow_stripping_close.JPG]

[Image: port_stripping.JPG]

[Image: lazerette_stripping.JPG]

[Image: bow_stripping.JPG]

Hopefully, by next weekend, I'll have the seats in, and moving to the forward hatch and cabin Smile

Thanks for the help, adla. My camera (or the software) automatically capitalizes ".JPG". I, however, am not so automatic....
i'm glad that whatever i wrote helped! hahaha THE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND FOLKS!!!

Looks good - hurry up and finish so we can have a fleet get together Tongue

planking looks good. I am toying with the idea for Viviane (my vacationer!)

a.

kenconnors

wow, great way to plank a deck, i may copy that.........
Beautiful work Brit, keep at it and a late spring or summer launch will be on your schedule. That's going to be a fine looking vessel. I look forward to the next run of pictures.
Didn't get near as far as I expected, but then that's normal :roll:

Temps at night have been in the low teens. Cedar does not bend well at that temperature. Have to spend 3 to 3 1/2 hours heating the garage to get it up to about 45 - 50 degrees. But, the planks are all on, just some trimming to do...

[Image: bow_complete.JPG]

[Image: starboard_bowshot.JPG]

[Image: stern_complete.JPG]
Wasn't done yet... :oops:

So, now all I have left is the bookshelves, the seats, the rub rails, gotta finish the mastbox - kinda forgot some blocks..., the forward hatch w/ solar panel, the cabin, somewhere in here I gotta figure the steering....

Holy crap.
:lol: Hang in there Brit, it is like eating an elephant..... just a bite at a time is all it takes.

Ang
it looks great!

a.
Boy, I'll say. Beautiful Brit. Why didn't I think of that??? Smile
Pages: 1 2