BYYB Forums

Full Version: back yard yachting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aaron_stokes

ok sooo..... if you can build a yacht in your back yard, why not sail one there too?

here in rural utah, we still have irrigation and water rights. heck, many residents still don't have a sprinkler system and we live in a desert. i need ten inches you say?
check this out.....if you look close, you can see in one of the photos that the sails are wing and wing. in fact we had a devil of a time holding the boat steady for a pic. it just wanted to run across the lake.

[Image: august%201%20045.jpg]

[Image: august%201%20047.jpg]

[Image: august%201%20049.jpg]

[Image: august%201%20051.jpg]

the funny part is that while we were in the back yard taking these shots, a moterist driving down main street saw the mast and sails skooting around behind the house and he stoped to see what was going on and talk about the boat. i loove to here those words "you built THAT from scratch?".
the sad part is that when i was pulling the boat out of the lake, i wiped out my neighbors phone and cable lines while she was standing right there watching. :oops: i am getting tired of saying "no worries, i will pay for that!" :roll:
you are so silly....

a. Big Grin
ah, the old mast in the wires trick. I loved the photos. The has to be a first here!!! :lol: