BYYB Forums

Full Version: T minus 19 1/2 hours until flipping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Andrew Holley

I am not regular out here, but some of you may recall my post awhile ago about flipping a larger (26') boat. Well tomorrow morning she goes over.

My method of flipping has come down to three guys, two wall jacks and a forklift. The plan is to "roll" the boat up and onto it's side with the wall jacks and have the forklift "catch" the deck of the boat, just as it passes the balance point.

If everyone would say a prayer and keep their fingers crossed for me, I would really appreciate it.

If it goes well, I will post some pics on Monday.

Andrew
I don't know what a weekender weighs compared to what you have, but I know the deck length is about sixteen feet, about ten feet short of what you have. Now when I rolled my boat over, I got her off the blocks and on the ground and I was able to walk her up to stand on the rub rail by myself. I then only needed someone to hold her there while I got to the other side to walk her down. If you have any idea of what kind of weight you're looking at, that might give you some idea of what to expect. It sounds like you have it well covered. I would mostly be worried about accidental damage from a fork lift.

Andrew Holley

It's done,

It all went exactly as planned. Started at 7:30, boat was ready to be jacked at 8:30, went for a cup of coffee, back at 9:00 and the forklift showed up at 9:10 and we were done and BSing by 9:45.

Nothing broke, no one got hurt, boat wasn't even scratched.

My wife figures it's a good time to clean out the garage some, so alot of people are driving/walk past and giving me strange looks, but oh well.

Funniest part was as I was pushing it out of the garage three very nice looking ladies jog past and offer some help. My wife was still sleep and the windows were shut, but somehow this woke her up. The ladies help push the boat around and then chatted for a minute and left. Wanted a picutre of them helping, but wasn't sure how to ask.

Later guys.

Oh, Tom: My boat is 26 feet long, exactly 102" wide and about 4' height, made out of 3/4 ply and weighs about 1,400 lbs right now.

P.S. Thanks Paul for building my confidence on the other thread.
Great work on the flip, I have to say that I am VERY disappointed that you didn't get a picture of the helpers....What were you thinking! I would like to see some pics of the boat though even without the ladies Sad

Keith

Andrew Holley

If your a sail boat kind of guy, my boat wouldn't be that impressive for you. To date, all I have built it duck hunting boats. This one is the caddy of all of them. I designed it myself, well sort of, I took the plans of last year's boat and enlarged them and added to them.

Very few guys around here have duck boats with 140 hp motors on them.

Andrew