BYYB Forums

Full Version: hey Bud....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
were you still planning on a get-together on Nicajak for September? I wanna see that new toy of yours. Big Grin
Think he is planning on coming up here for the Mid Atlantic Small Craft Fest instead, you should plan on coming too.
I am sorely tempted especially because I have a place to stay. St. Michaels was an absolutely beautiful town and the museum was excelent. I can't imagine having the added thrill of all of those homebuilt boats! I only wish it was a bit closer Cry .
Scott It was 103 degrees this afternoon at 5pm cst. and I haven't seen a leaf shake on a tree in a week. I don't think the first part of Sept. is going to be a very good time for a gathering this year. I sure hope the last of Oct. it's not already cold, I sure would like to go to the Glen-L at Gunterville. I am just going to play the second half of the season by ear and hope for the best. Bud.
The heat sucks especially with no wind. Keith, Ed, and I didn't have much fun on Hartwell due to just those conditions. Playing it by ear sounds smart.
109 degrees predicted for this afternoon. Should be about 98 in the morning when Bill and John get to the Tempe Marina. Bill says by noon the wind is gone so that will make for some short days. The Saralee is scheduled to be brought out of sailboat prison for rerigging on Sunday. Mayhap a bit of a sail on Lake Plesent next weekend????? Arrrr 8)
Craig You guys are tough and I know 109 wont be to hot for Y'all. If it gets to feeling a little warm you can always get under the shade of one of those lovely trees around the lake and cool off. Craig I don't know what you did so bad in Florida but I have heard all my life."If you are a bad boy the Lord will send you to a hot place" Guess there more truth than portary to it. :wink: Bud
LOL!!! I didn't know I was doing so bad either Bud. It just be true, its hotter than hell here now. I got to the lake late yesterday. Seems this old folks trailer park ( oh, sorry, resort) took great offense to my boat in an empty lot overnight. For what they are charging they should just shut up but that ain't likely to happen. It is; on the other hand, nice to be the kid on the block. I should invite ya'll over for a big drunk just to get even. These old ducks would just love the Captain statue out front. Anyway just as I was getting a late start to the lake the management showed up and made me move the boat back to boat prison. I did get most everything done on Friday so not a big problem. When I got to the lake 7 hours late Bill reported there had been no wind all day. Knowing Bill, I brought a bit of north side wind and spent a pleasent half hour sailing his beautiful striper. Strange to sail such a light boat after that icebreaker of mine. We had a great time.

I am waiting for him now so we can take the Saralee to Lake Pleasent for a bit. The winds look poor; however, she needs to be wet to swell back up. I am getting a lot of minor damage from the wood shrinking. That's a switch huh??

V/r

Craig