BYYB Forums

Full Version: Harbor Freight Trailers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I absolutley love my Harbor Freight folding utility trailer for the price, durability, and space saving when not used. It has served double duty transporting my little gem to the lake. However, Little Gem has gotten a bit too heavy to hoist up in the garage and I need my utility trailer for other things such as parades, soap box derby cars, hauling wood, and a hundred other uses so I purchased the Harbor Freight boat trailer which is currently on sale for $299.

I just finished bolting this trailer together and am extreemly impressed with it given the price. Granted, it is bolted rather than welded and painted steel rather than galvanized but the price makes these tradeoffs worth it. My boat is 12' and the trailer is more than long enough. In fact, I would say this trailer is probably long enough for a weekender. It is definitely long enough for a pocket cruiser. If you are looking for a trailer you might consider this as an option. I can take measurements if anyone is interested.
i have the boat trailer from them for my stipper, it has worked out just fine for me as well; and the price was right. i don't know if i would put a weekender or PC on it but for the dinghy its fine. i did upgrade the 8" wheels to 12" and am much more comfortable with that upgrade.
I think the max length recommended is 14' but this may be more of a function of trying to limit weight rather than length and the weekender is a lot lighter than 16' powerboats! Only thing I don't like is how high the boat sets on the rollers and supports they provide. Might requires some reengineering.