BYYB Forums

Full Version: To go or not to go, that is the question....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
supposed to head out cruising in a bit. We had planned to go north to the South River and then head across the Bay to the Choptank on the eastern shore. Tomorrows forcast, thanks to hurricane Dean, is 20-25 knots with building seas.... which means it will probably be 25-30 knots out in the mid Bay and pretty lumpy and confused.

Thinking about staying a little closer to home so we can make a mad dash for the safety of South Creek if we need to..... or it could all blow out before it gets here. WHAT TO DO? The weather forcasters have called for t storms all week and we have had about 5 big drops of rain.

The barometric pressure is very stable and the tide is rising....
Angie I know you have a cast iron innerds, but your first mate is like your old Pop and will heave over the side in lumpie sea's sometimes. I think I would wait out the blow then go for it. :wink: Pop.
We went anyway, up to the South but not to the Choptank.... Saturday was the best day we have had on the Bay so far, Sunday we got the shit kicked out of us. I mean REALLY!!! I am bruised all over and my back is really sore, but we had a great time. I admit I was glad to get back into the protection of the West River. We got her tied up and I came home and went to bed -- at 4 p.m, those 8 hour adrenlin rushes wear you out. Confusedhock:

The old boat got a few cat calls from passing boats, which is always nice.
One yelled over "looking good" and the other yelled "very nice" and gave us the thumbs up. Big Grin
Glad you had a good time out there. Sorry to hear of you battle wounds but now you got something else to talk about while you hoist an ale. Those cat calls sure do make you proud don't they

Keith
Still grinnin' :!: I also admit it is like backpacking or diving or any other thing that makes you miserable or scares the shit out of you..... if it was easy EVERYBODY would do it. You feel like your soul has expanded when you make it back safe and think, my God what a ride!

Takes me to one of my very fav quotes by HD Thoreau "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life and see if I can not learn what it has to teach. Not when I come to die, discover that I have not lived."

Makes me feel very alive!