BYYB Forums

Full Version: taller mast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am making a new mast - i mean it this time!

the plans leave a great deal to be desired when looking at the dimensions of the mast...and i think my mast is the shortest in the fleet! What is the total dimension of the mast supposed to be? Right now from the deck to the tabernacle i have 38" and the mast itself (not including the tabernacle down) is a measly 11'2"....

was it supposed to be 15'1" from the deck to the top of the mast or was that overall height.....?

a.

rolandblais

Overall.

[Image: abb.jpg]

Peace,
R

David Metzker

Adla, in the plans material list, it says one 15'-1", or two pieces, 47" and 11'-2". Is your lower section 39" above the deck, or counting the 19 3/4" inside the mast box?
it is 38" above the deck....so that plus the 19 and 3/4" and my 11'2" is ....thinking, thinking....

that is just about 16 ft....but, it is too short...I have decided the stock mast is too short

a.
My stump is 47" Adla so I have enough headroom when the boom swings around. The rest of it is as the plans called for. You're going birds mouth this time aren't you?