BYYB Forums

Full Version: Voting on a boat name here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 3 boat names in mind for my weekender I am building.

Many, many names to choose from, but I wanted to keep it simple...choose from 3 names.

Sea Breeze
Serenity
Tranquility

If anyone has other similar names (peaceful relaxing names) or if you could vote on the above...
Tranquility seems to sum up sailing general and gets my vote.
Sea Breeze gets my vote, I see alot of Tranquility and Serenity on the transoms of boats here on the Chesapeake, either of those would be like naming a dog Spot or Blackie (in my opinion).... however, it is YOUR boat. Which one do you like?
I like Sea Breeze, the wife likes Tranquility. I love Tranquility, but you are right, it is a very overused name. The irony is that the boat will never see the likes of the sea, just fresh water, but the name is still cool. If more people new the meaning of Shangri-La, I would use that name.

We decided last night on color choices. Blue hull, white keel and stem, white stripe between the rub rails, and yellow rub rails. The top of the boat will sport a similar color scheme. Going with nautical colors. Initially was going with hunter green, maroon and white, but doing the Navy, yellow and white thing.
Hey, how about Tranquil Sea Breezes. That'll keep everyone content, and be different that the others. You'll have to write in small to fit all the name on the transom.

Greg

Mac_McKelvy

Just a thought... sometimes things look neat in a foreign language.

Sea Breeze in French is: brise de mer
In Italian: brezza del mare
In Portuguese: brisa do mar
In Greek: θαλάσσια αύρα (could start some interesting conversations)

Mac 8)