BYYB Forums

Full Version: Mini-Cup "Thornbat" has launched!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mark_Benbow

My brother and I decided to skip out the 4 hour drive to my parents place and take my mini-cup for her first dip then leave tomorrow. Before I say anything else let me reccomend waiting till your mast gaff and boom are done, DO NOT take the cheap route and buy some PVC pipe and reinforce it with scrap 1x3s :oops: you will have a mast that can take any kind of wind mother nature can throw at you and it won't break and it won't try to dump you into the water..... however it will bend to 90 degrees to make a beatiful arc and dump all your wind :roll: so while I did get some sailing in and she did good as long as the wind didn't pick up to 40ish (which it did a few times) I am amazed that she could pull my brother and myself around and leave a good wake (you could hear the water gushing in the wake and the lines humming in the wind) between the two of us there was 420 pounds in the boat! Confusedhock:

My brother took a few pics of me figureing things out then guess what... the batteries in my camera died :x so you only get two pics heh.

[Image: small_launchdayone.JPG]

[Image: small_launchdaytwo.JPG]

The winds were pretty calm at this point but they got nice and fast later on.

Also I wanted to thank everyone for thier tips, answers to my questions, links, and help. I really appreciate this community and will hanging around for a long while to come.

Next up.......

Vacationer!!! :twisted:

uhh nvm I think I'll wait till winter for that one Tongue
Congrats on the launch. It's nice to see another MiniCup on the water. It makes me miss mine.
Congratulations! Feels great don't it?! Big Grin

I was too busy fighting too long a mainsheet and too long a tiller to think about passengers. I need to do some modifications before I feel confident enough to carry someone else. It's nice to see that it can be done though.

kentbuckner

The sweet smell of a savory victory! Good job, Mark! She looks good on the water.

Kent
Congratulations on your launch Mark it must feel great Big Grin
Brian.
Congrats Mark, man there's a lot of those being built right now. If I didn't already have 4 boats I might build one myself

Keith
Well done Captain, she looks real good. Is that an area on the South Saskatchwan River? Hope you can get working on your Vacationer soon, they are fun to build, and can carry the whole crowd.

Greg