BYYB Forums

Full Version: Nealy Perfet Maiden Voyage!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yep, that's right! I couldn't wait on my "nice" sail to be done, so I cut up a perfectly good tarp, slapped on some carpet tape, some duct tape, and whacked a few grommets in, and I was ready to go. Camille (my wife) and I put my pretty little boat in the back of the truck, drove out to an isolated little park with a boat launch and dropped her in! The only witnesses were myself, Camille, and about a half dozen old men fishing on the opposite bank. You should have heard them cheer when I first got her moving! My loving, loyal, and veery patient wife took pictures which I made into a slideshow and uploaded to YouTube. Here is the link (I hope this works). As you'll see in the last pic, I was very disappointed in this voyage. :wink:

Here it is
Yahoooo!
Way to go Will! Great feeling isn't it?
It was bloody awesome! Especially the times when it felt like I was not moving at all, then I'd look back and see the stern still making a little wake behind me. Not bad for a first sail ever (for the boat AND me). Big Grin
nice work Will, I'm glad it went so well for you on your first time out. Now why not meet us up at Lake Hartwell in a few weeks and show off your boat. See the SE forum for details and sail with a few of us

Keith
Well done!

Make sure to email a couple of pictures to Mike, Peter and Suzie at Stevenson Projects. They love seeing completed projects and happy builders.

kentbuckner

Looks like a great time. Hopefully more of us will be so lucky on our maiden voyage!

Kent
I was very worried about the weight of my aluminum spars before the first float, but I really didn't have any problems with them at all. I caught a couple of good gusts and heeled very predictably. I was surprised at how fast she would accelerate when I caught those gusts just right.
Good job Will, she looks awsome on the Water, you must feel great.

Brian.
Good on you Will. Bully Bully and all that stuff. She looks Good and you look tickled. Bud Big Grin

Mark_Benbow

Congrats will!!! awesome slideshow btw the tunes were a nice touch Tongue I'm hoping i'll be following in your footsteps in 3 days!!! I hope my maiden voyage goes as well. btw where are you getting your nice sail from? mine is a tarp with 3/16" grommets every inch and a quarter with the sail laced to the booms with masonry line lol. ( I did manage to find a white 5.1 mil thick tarp which will be good for paint if I can't get good ones!)
Pages: 1 2