BYYB Forums

Full Version: how much epoxy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How much epoxy and fiberglass cloth do I need for the weekender. I have the hull and deck assembled and am ready for seats. I thought it would be easier to glass the inside seams before installing seats.
I have gone "off plan" and am eliminating cabin to allow more seating room.
I decided to do this after letting the boat sit in my garage for a year.
If anyone has done this mod. let me know about your results.
I have done deck and bulkheads to the plan specs and now am cutting out stuff and trying to figure out what to do with the rear cabin bulkhead.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

Richard_Smith

I just finished fibre glassing the deck, cabin top and cockpit and it looks like I will have enough epoxy to recoat and do whatever else needs to be done. The bottom is already glassed. I started out with 4 gallons of epoxy and 2 gallons of hardener. I am not absolutely certain how much cloth I had, but I think it was 30 yards of 40". It was just enough.
Van If i were going to build a open Weekender I would post to Karl Nissan in the Chessie fleet. He has done one which is show quality. It looks like the Super Skip Jack but I know it's not because he has had his finished a year and the plans for the Super Skip Jack are just coming out. If you can build one half as nice as his it will be a nice boat. Bud :wink: