BYYB Forums

Full Version: New chat room
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Welcome to the Boatshed. Thanks to Brian Walters we now have a chat room to use. . Just sign in and enjoy If you make it a habit to sign onto the chat others can find you in cyberspace to talk boats

http://byyb.org/pages/homepage/chat.php
Sos i logs into the chat thingie and it just lays there, Arrrr!  Whasup wit it?
we should have like....a time or something that we can get together. Whenever I log in...I am the only one there.

a.

of course I admit it is 2 am pacific time  ;D ;D ;D
It's working for me now Craig, it was kinda lonely in there though

Keith

rolandblais

Just tried it:

Bravenet Chat - Unable to Connect

The Bravenet Chat applet failed to connect to the Bravenet Chat server because of one of the following conditions:

* The Bravenet Chat server is full. Please try again later.
    * The Bravenet Chat server is temporarily down for maintenance. Please try again later.
    * You are trying to connect from behind a firewall. Please contact your network administrator for configuring a SOCKS proxy.

Please hit the back button and try again.

???
It works for me ill look into it.

Brian.
Craig asked me to look into embedding the Bravenet chat into the site, but that's not going to work well.  I did try a meebo chat room, which I like better (less ads, etc.)

See what you think at BYYB Chat.  If you guys like it better, I'll incorporate it into the menu bar in the forums as well.

The native URL to the chat room embedded on the site is http://byyb.org/pages/homepage/chat.php, so it looks like it is on the site.
Frank I like it beter than mine as there is no ad's. the reason there is so much advertising on mine is that it is a pay chat, the free is full of ad's
I like this version, I say go ahead and do it and get rid of mine.

Brian.
Hi guys.  New to forums but have been building sm boats for some time. Just got my vacationer plans. Does anybody hv a completed one in New England?  I really would like to see the size before I start building.  Thx for any replies. Jim
Hey I'm also new and in need of some advice. I bought a weekender that was in pretty bad shape.I then basically neglected all other aspects of my life for about 6 months and renovated it to the best of my ability.I stripped the boat of all its paint and any fiberglass that had become unlamed I ripped off,ground,sand and reglassed with west system. Then interlux primer and then interlux perfection as a top coat. I sanded all the bright work and recoated it with sikkens cetol marine natural teak and then the marine gloss.I rebuilt the companionway out of blackwalnut and having not been in a sail boat before didn't know protocal for how they worked. Despite that I came up with a fairly classic looking companionwway and its fairly funtuinal.I bought egyption cotton coloured dacron sails from duckworks Big Grin and synthetic manilla sheets and halyards.the boats looks sharp. I had done a fair bit of reasearch on sailing but had never even been on a sail boat before. I took it out early July on kalamalka lake in Vernon bc. With my dad,my friend Shane, his girlfriend and I. There was no wind,or at least we didn't know how to catch it haha.for about 4 hours actually. And then eurika ! I was sailing..... It was sublime ,nirvana,it was better then I'd hoped for. We sailed into the pump house beach and picked up a fifth person . Shanes mother Lori. We spent about 4 hours crusing around d the lake as I practiced my tacking witch seemed to be quite easy and natural feeling. This was just further more building a faulse sense of confidence in my sailing ability.we loaded up the trailer and everyone went home with good memories. A few days later I took my grampa,dad and buddy Kyle out. We got blown into the beach and couldn't recover for dang near two hours. In the mean time Kyle got sea sick and went home.as soon as he got of the boat we sailed pretty well half way to rattle snake point beating up the lake.dad took the helm and ran the boat back to the launch. We were not only sailing but sailing really fast. Amazing we made a starboard turn and the boat nearly tipped and it would have had grampa and I not scrambled up the gunwailing . It took on a big gulp of water,I took the helm and we all had a good laugh.the following weekend  I invited my friends Brando and Krista to come sailing. It was actually kinda windy.And it was choppy.we were cruising.Brando hanging of the mast like huck fin.Krista rolling a joint in the cabin (with a teak and holly sole). They were amazed and so was I . Pround as punch I once again beat my way up kal lake towards the cliffs by cousins bay there. We made it about 3/4 the way there and the wind got pretty nasty and the chip was retarted. I decided to head back.about half way back the wind got really gusty and from any direction it seemed. I dropped the main sail and left the jib kind of loose acting as like a storm jib. Brando and Krista didn't quite understand the situation. I had asked them both to get in the dock pit. Krista being in the cabin and Brando hanging on the mast.in the mean time I had reef points to deal with . I had a row installed but I never attached the reef lines them self.i couldn't control the boat and it was getting uglier by the minute  I was running out of options.in a last attempt to get us to shore I tied the reef clue to my boom leaving the tack and the rest of the reef points unattached. I told Brando to lift the main as soon as it went up the boat tipped over.Krista dove out of the cabin I let go of the helm and ran up port side to try and counterweight it. There was no stopping it. i will tell the rest of the story later.Q Is this boat just so tippy.Or am I just a novice.I'll post some pics soon
Pages: 1 2