BYYB Forums

Full Version: Too pretty for fishing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DavidGale

5 miles offshore.. Surf rods laying in the rod holders acting as outriggers and dragging a couple of brand new lures behind me...

No less than 8 people needed to motor over my lines so they could get a closer look at that antique boat. "Oh, look.. he's fishing!" (yeah buddy.. and another three feet and my line and $20 lure is in your prop)

There is no place safe from gawkers Smile

Next time, I'm going to paint the boat ugly.

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Inlet madness aside.... Ocean sailing is where it's at!

I'm not quite sure what i'm going to do when I actually get a fish on the line.. but I didn't have to worry about that problem today. Scanning the radio, it sounds like everyone was having poor luck fishing today.

DavidGale

Oh, I forgot to mention.

The weekends at an inlet are a total and complete madhouse. The marine patrol is out there, the fish and wildlife guys are out there, and there is a zillion people out there in every kind of craft.

Just about every boat got checked out.

But not the sailboats Smile

This is a welcome change... I'm used to a total shakedown every trip to an inlet on a weekend. I watched them watching me but they never made a move to check out ANY of the sailboats.
Quote: I'm not quite sure what i'm going to do when I actually get a fish on the line.. but I didn't have to worry about that problem today. Scanning the radio, it sounds like everyone was having poor luck fishing today.

I was thinking the same thing. We want to rig our weekender for salmon fishing on Puget Sound but I am wondering what we will do if / when we catch one. The good news is, in our area we are always fairly close to shore. I figured we could net the fish and head in to deal with it. Im not sure I want a 30 # fish in my weekender cockpit :!:

joel
Joel the 30 pound fish is the reason you don't run your sail all the way to the end of the gaff. That's for hanging fish for all to see. Just try to keep on the windward side of the boat so the drippings will land on your mate

Keith