BYYB Forums

Full Version: Firefox OT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was having a problem with IE not responding while using the site for lettering that David Gale provided. As I was moving through the different options for the lettering the program would lock up. I noticed the site owner recommended Firefox and provided a link, so I thought I would try it. Not only did his program run better, my computer connects to most site twice as fast. I always had a problem connecting to the BYYB forum and needed to load it twice to get it to come up. With Firefox it loads quickly on the first click. The download was quick and it imported all my settings and bookmarks from IE

I like it !

Big Grin

joel
I agree Joel, after reading your post I too downloaded the software and it does indeed run faster. Thanks for the tip

Keith
The ONLY problem i've had with firefox is that I had a difficult time finding compatible plug-ins. Other than that, it was fine.

Even with Vista... :roll:
Over a year ago my son switched from IE to Fire Fox on our computer. Every thing runs faster with out any problems so far and it also spell checks for me which IE did not do. He also changed our anti virus to AVG, which out performs Norton with out slowing the computer down.
Firefox works very well on my Mac. It's not as fast as Safari, but it seems to render webpages more accurately. Every now and then, I would run into a page that Safari wouldn't/couldn't display correctly. Firefox almost always gets it right. The only exceptions are those online GIS mapping tools like this one. Unfortunately, I have to go back to the old IE 5.2 (the last one made for macs). :x