BYYB Forums

Full Version: Mini-Cup "Flyin' Low" in progress...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Richard_Creel

I started making sawdust for the Mini-Cup today! Big Grin

Progress can be viewed in my Mini-Cup Photo Album.
Looks like a good start Richard - just keep doing a little every day and you'll be on the water in no time.
Shes lookin' good Richard, Your moving right along good luck with Your build and keep takin' pictures.
Brian.

James Sanders

Welcome aboard, Richard.

The photos look like a promising adventure!

Dustin Newkirk

about time!
I'm trying to make it through my midway build, hurry up so we can get some racing in. Wink

Richard_Creel

I got a Surform and started working on the hull panels. The Surform really removes material from the 1/4" ply. Big Grin

[Image: MC6.jpg]
If you have a router available (I didn't when I built my MiniCup), they are the handiest things possible when building.

Now I make sure to cut my overlapping pieces slightly large and then just zip around them with a round-over bit. It makes a fast clean joint that makes people think you actually are a capable carpenter 8)

AndrewB

Richard_Creel

Quote:If you have a router available (I didn't when I built my MiniCup), they are the handiest things possible when building.

Now I make sure to cut my overlapping pieces slightly large and then just zip around them with a round-over bit. It makes a fast clean joint that makes people think you actually are a capable carpenter 8)

AndrewB

Don't have a router yet, I need one. I cut the pieces slightly outside the lines with my jigsaw, then shaped them to the lines with the Surform. It worked really well.
Looks good Richard! Can't wait to race!

Will

Richard_Creel

Has any one built a Mini-Cup with hatches into the forward section like on a Wing-Dinghy?

[Image: hatches_with_coamings.jpg]

Seems like an awful lot of space that would be useful with a water-tight hatch. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2