BYYB Forums

Full Version: Great source for vinyl Boat lettering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DavidGale

Hey, My letters came in yesterday Smile

I looked at about 20 online lettering companies and this one was HALF the price of most of the other companies. Really happy with what was shipped, it was EXACTLY what I expected to receive. They charge less because they'll let you do your own trimming but when it arrived, it was already trimmed and ready to install. Perhaps because I ordered a shadow.

I hope y'all don't consider this spam... I've got no comercial interest in this company, just a very happy customer Smile Smile

http://www.doityourselflettering.com is where I got the letters and the turn-around time was about 28 hours from time of order to arrival in my mailbox. I could never have painted the boat to look this nice.

[Image: 654898573_0b0ddcb56e_d.jpg]

Oh, and those blocks on the taffrail, they're foam blocks used to put on your roofracks when you load the kayak on top of the car. They make a great place to put the boom and mast when the boat is in tow.
Awesome! THank you. I played around with it....a lot of options and signs are typically only $20 per line and that is on the high grade material. Good find!

Richard_Creel

Looks great! What font did you use?
MrCruise, Your boat looks great . I like your color scheme.

How did you get the 2 font sizes? Did you use 2 decals?

Thanks, joel

DavidGale

Hey Joel, Hey Richard,

I used the Tango font.

For each line, you create a seperate item in your order. The first line is 2 inch lettering and the second line is 1 inch lettering. Both have the same font and color settings. What you get is two decals, one with the 2 inch font and one with the 1 inch font.

Thaks very much for the compliments on my boat. Smile Smile
What do they mean by "weeding & tape" :?:
Thanks for the info David. I looked all over that program trying to change the font size for line 2. No luck :lol:

The price is right even for 2 orders. I was just looking at some places for lettering that were more than twice as much.

Ed here is a link that explains "weeding"

http://doityourselflettering.com/diy-weeding.htm

joel
David that is awsome! thank You for the info I think that is the way I am going to go. Red's Betty is looking awsome. When you move up this way
we will have to get together, my company has a house in the N.C mts. that is for the employees to use and there are some breathtaking lakes nested in up there that look just right for Sailing/Camping.
thanks again for that link Ive been messing with it for a while.

Brian.
I just ordered the letters for "Fair Wind" in Victorian, red with yellow shadowing. I hope it looks good on the light blue hull.