BYYB Forums

Full Version: jib measurments ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Tom erhart

My Weekender is nearly finished.(started april 2006)My last problem was that station line 13 thing. Today iam laying out the sails. On the jib are the measurements for the jib correct? If i measure up from the tack 42" and go 63"to the clue at a 90 degree angle, then measure 76" for the foot, i get 123" or so for the leech. Instead of 118". I hope iam naming the sail parts right.

Tom erhart

I forgot to add that i was refering to the jib measurements in the weekender building guide fig.26 on page 37. Sorry about leaving that out.
Tom:

Looking at my copy of the plans, it appears to me that the tack of the sail is on the 90 degree angle. If you draw from there up 118" and out 76" then joining those two points should give 148" (at least in my CAD program they did) without worrying about the other dimensions. I think the 63" and 41" dimensions were to allow you to position the stress line and are not for the overall layout.

Tom erhart

Andrew ,
I finished the Jib as you suggested. Its on the boat and looking good. Thanks for your help.