BYYB Forums

Full Version: Summer Sailstice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was out for a leisurely sail with a Department of Natural Resources representative on board "Fair Wind" when we heard the report of a cannon. On the second report from the cannon my gaff boom fell. After some hasty repairs and using the electric motor we did manage to stay a safe distance from the other boat that was flying the "Jolly Roger".

On a serious note the people that showed up had a good time. The best part was seeing old friends and making new friends. The food was good and plentiful. We gave sail boat rides to people that wanted to go out, some of the youngsters even got a chance to take the helm for a while. I did not take any photos but others did and they have promised to post them.
We had a great time on the water and off this weekend. The carbide cannon was a BLAST! I gave the ranger a demo of it so he could give it an OK and we rocked the campground. He loved it, he was taking pictures of it so he could build his own. I took him, Ed and the cute redhead from the office out for a sail Friday and we fired it off several more times, once at some young pirates paddling their rafts towards us as we sailed into the campground. You should have seen them jump! The pirate battle went great if you were onboard my 1 gun boat, the poor and defensless Fair Wind took a beating though. I blew their rigging down and disabled their rudder. The defeted captian Ed had to limp back from where he came. Next year any SE boats that dare to sail the waters of Lake Hartwell during the Summer Sailstice had better be armed or you too could become the prey of the great pirtate ship Whippoorwill.

Keith
Brian your web site is up again Smile I suggest that every one check it out.