BYYB Forums

Full Version: pictures from atop the mainmast of The Avany
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are a few pics from my trip in the rigging. Man what a day!

The best view is just 2 feet above the deck
[Image: normal_2feet.jpg]

[Image: normal_aloft.jpg]

[Image: ship.jpg]

Check them out full size here http://byyb.org/cpg143/thumbnails.php?album=61

Dustin Newkirk

Very cool! Confusedhock:
Wow Keith, you never got that far up my mast! That had to be a rush!! Glad you got to do it. I would have stayed with your brother. 8)
Naaa! I would have been right up the rat's with you, That is so cool, a once in a lifetime thing, glad You could do it, wish it were me but glad all the same. Can You tell I'm a little green? :lol:

Brian.
Keith
that looks like it may be a bit far to fall. I would love to be in that position and take thaoe pics.
I can't even tell you how it felt up there. This was lifelong dream for me and there was a lot of adreneline going through my veins as I was going up the ratlines. When I asked the kid about climbing up I was kind of hesitant because I was afraid he might say yes and then I would have to do it. Then I thought that this could be the only chance in my lifetime to make that climb and I had to ask. I thought about not doing it for a minute or so before I got to the chainplates. It's a long way up and there's no saftey harness or net to catch me, if I fall I'm dead. Someday I'll be dead anyway it may be 50 years from now in a hopital with noone watching or it could be today where I can go out with style doing something I've always wanted to do. I'm pretty sure I'd probably even be on the news....again (but that's another boating story)

Anyway, I couldn't not climb up there after I got the OK to do it. I'm glad I did it and now I have one more memory I can take with me and smile about. If I ever have the chance to do it again I'll be right up there waving to the folks below and maybe this time I'll remember to take video

keith

James Sanders

Ahoy Keith,

That's you! I did not realize that those feet belonged to Keith! Wow! You're really up high, far too high for me!

Thanks for sharing the photos!