BYYB Forums

Full Version: Early Spring Messabout, Indian Pass, Fl.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am back from the Great White North…

Here is the link again for the Messabout location.

http://66.255.5.212/Indian_Pass/Index.html

The sail location will be in and around St Vincent’s Island sand bas permitting. Any one with recent experience in the waters would be someone I would be most interested in talking with. The charts posted are older and the canes of the last couple of years have changed many of the depths if not all of them. Pipe up please.

We need to start with an official, non binding head count so that I may alert the folks at Indian Pass on how many of us are coming. A count of those using tents and those with campers needing electric and water would help as well. Thanks…..
Craig: Angie and I are planning on coming to the messabout. we will bring my pop top camper or a tent eather one we can stay in the tent area. Bud. Smile
I plan on attending as well though not quite sure if any of my family will be coming. I will be tent-camping and if I come alone would appreciate sharing a campsite.
I'm planning on getting down there. I'll be staying on my boat and may stay longer than the event. I'm thinking about doing some cruising for a week or so. Craig have you investigated the lagoon behind the campground. According to my charts it's full of rocks and shallow water. Is there another achorage or beach available that has campground access?

Keith
The option is to use the beach to the east side of the camp ground. The lagoon is very shallow as you say and I don't think it is suitable for mooring any beyond the old marina site. That is the one with the hulk in the photos. It is 25 yd or so from the east beach. Using the east beach and anchoring out a bit should eliminate the issue.