BYYB Forums

Full Version: Mini-Cup in progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi everyone! I've been a ghost on this site for a few weeks now and thought I should introduce myself. I'm building a Mini-Cup in my basement, as it's the only boat that would fit there. You're advice to other mini-cuppers has been very useful, although I seem to always find it AFTER I've already done something the hard way. Here's a terrible pic of where I am now-

[Image: minicup.jpg]

Anybody on here near Oak Ridge/Knoxville Tennessee?

aaron_stokes

hey will! i am not anywhere near you as i am in utah. i have been considering building a mini cup but don't know much about how comfortable it is to sail. i am a wimp and tend to cramp up easy. i love my weekender but it would be cool to have a fast day sailer. let me know how it goes. welcome to the sight!
Welcome aboard Will, I want to build a Mini cup as well, it looks like Your well on Your way with Yours, She looks good, keep posting pictures of Your progress.
Brian.
Looks like yours is about as far as mine. I'm in Utah with Aaron, though. I'll start posting photos as well...
Looking good Will.

James Sanders

Ahoy Will,

Welcome aboard. Good progress there. Keep sending us photos!
Quote:Ahoy Will,

Welcome aboard. Good progress there. Keep sending us photos!

Okay! Here's a few more...
[Image: nostrings.jpg]
[Image: forward.jpg]
I can unbend that... I think... Sad
[Image: Transom.jpg]
[Image: transomstring.jpg]
I got creative on the top transom string and did a two part deal. Not sure how this is going to work, but it looks nice!
[Image: transomstring2.jpg]
Welcome aboard Will. Keep on making sawdust. I'm not to far from you. Just push that mini in the river and you will float right by my place. 35*N. 85*W. got it? just west of Chattanooga, Nickajack res. I know that is a little over 100 mi. but it's closer than aaron (Utah) Bud :wink:

Larry Thomas

Has anyone tried one of these using stitch and glue?
I visited my parents this weekend and my dad (the real carpenter) and I (okay, I mostly watched) carved the rudder and daggerboard out of some rough-sawn oak he had "laying around" :? Here are some pics. No varnish yet but these are definitely going to be brightwork!

[Image: dad14.jpg]

[Image: dad16.jpg]

[Image: dad21.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6