BYYB Forums

Full Version: Jibakker?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Larry Thomas

I have checked out the updated Stevenson site and found the use of the term jibakker in relation to the wing dinghy and the super skipjack. I assume this is a hybrid jib/spinaker. Any one have a plan or dimension for this sail? And since the sails are the same for the Super Skip and weekender, can a jibakker be used on the weekender?
I think of this type of sail in the same vein as an assymetrical spinnaker, tending a bit more toward a jib than a spinnaker (cut perhaps a tiny bit less full than an assymetrical spinnaker.)

Anyone care to correct/refine this a bit? There may be a more specific description in use now...

I suspect they could be fit to the Weekender, as there are a lot of rig developments which can be played with.

Mike
Mike, I'd be inclined to think of it as a reacher or possibly a code one (a bit of a stretch). It's cut pretty flat from what I can tell, so it's really just a genoa.
That's kind of what I thought; and not a bad addition to the Weekender's sail set. It'd be good to have a touch more power on them.

Mike

David Metzker

Off topic, Mike, there have been a couple of posts at MessingAbout.com from customers saying they've sent you money for plans in March, yet never recieved them, yet the checks cleared. There must be some explanation, and I hope you'll stop in at MessingAbout to help. You have a good reputation, and I hate seeing the complaints getting so loud. Look back at posts about a month or so also. Thanks, Remod

Richard_Creel

Quote:Off topic, Mike, there have been a couple of posts at MessingAbout.com from customers saying they've sent you money for plans in March, yet never recieved them, yet the checks cleared. There must be some explanation, and I hope you'll stop in at MessingAbout to help. You have a good reputation, and I hate seeing the complaints getting so loud. Look back at posts about a month or so also. Thanks, Remod

Here's a link to the post.