BYYB Forums

Full Version: Up and coming events
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

What events are coming up this summer that the Erie Fleet is attending?

Dave G.
Hi there,

Lets see. How to answer this one ... Last I heard, one of our number, Jim Stumpf, was close to finishing their next boat, a Kingston 15, not of stevenson design, and was looking forward to getting her on the water. Unfortunately, this year I'm doing a rather extensive re-fit on my weekender, so she won't likely see water this year ... at least not early on. I'm taking steps towards getting a new tow vehicle finally, so later this summer or early fall may get me back on the water, but only time will tell.

Beyond that, much of the Erie fleet has been relocated to other fleets due to various moves around the country. There are a few more boats nearing completion, or done, but this fleet is pretty quiet these days.

Next year should be a bit more active, as I'll have my boat back in the drink, and a local friend should have his weekender finished by then ... may have it done this summer come to think of it.

Anyway, you're best bet for activities is to go to http://www.cabbs.org/ , and check out their goings on. The Cleveland amateur boat builders society has events throughout the year, and we usually crash most of them anyway, especially the CABBS week in Jamestown, PA.

We were talking of getting together on one of the islands of lake erie this summer via ferry as well, but these plans aren't concrete yet. If you've got a suggestion, we could try to make a go of it. We need to rebuild and re-group in this area, and there's no time like the present.

Talk to you soon,