BYYB Forums

Full Version: Any builders in the Muskegon, Mi area?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

My wife and I are going out to Muskegon for the weekend and I was curious if there were any vacationer builders/owners in the area that wouldn't mind showing me their work.

I never have actually seen one in person, and as I collect supplies I am becoming more excited.

Thanks,

Dave G.
David don't bother. Last time I was home they had torn most of it down! The last Stevenson builder I knew in that area was Pat Mellama who moved to Dallas. There is a nice cat boat on Muskegon Lake there. I saw her in the channel last winter when it was so warm. From a ways away she looked like and Atlantic 24. You might try to find it. Tell me, why the hell would anyone WANT to go to Muskegon?? 8) 8)
hehe Craig,

You have to understand, I live in Erie, PA so for me, Muskegon is an upgrade!

At least they have a west marine here. In Erie, you try to buy a shackle and they just look scratch their head at you and look confused.

:twisted: :twisted:

Seriously though, you would think a town that is the home port of a tall ship would have at least one good chandlery.
Ya Dave, I guess you are right. It is just that I spent the first 1/3 of my life trying to get out of Muskegon!! Are you going to the LEER cruise?( See trailor sailor board)
>Are you going to the LEER cruise?( See trailor sailor board)

I wish I could. I have to take an ACLS class for work that weekend.

Dave G.
No, it is too far to trail that boat. Too heavy with cas prices what they are. My MH is a 454 big block gas burner and I get about 6mpg with the boat on the back. Glad you enjoyed you ail on Muskegon Lake It is really pretty there for the June , July seasons but the Winter season is too long and too cold for me. YOu only get three seasons there ya know. 8)
Pre-winter, followed by winter which precedes post winter?
Just thought I would share a pic of one of our sails on Muskegon lake this weekend.

The BYYB Burgee flew proudly all weekend in lovely weather and just the right amount of wind.

[Image: bluecrab.jpg]

I can't wait to get out there in my Vacationer.

Dave G.
Cool. Looks like the North Side in the photo. My couisn, the retired Ore Boat Master, lives in the first house on the south side of the channel on the Muskegon Lake end. It had a big window on the second floor where he can watch al the boats coming and going. HE had a bout 40 years in the Lakers and Merchant Marine prior to that. Bob is well into his 80s now. If yo have a horn give him three long and two short as you pass by. He'll love i!
This is my wife and I aboard "Tocatta" my father in law's "amphibicon" 26.

It's a nice boat although kind of "tubby".

[Image: tocatta.jpg]

And as you can see. . . . .we are very serious with the business at hand. . .

[Image: tocatta2.jpg]

Dave G.

P.S.: Craig, next time I am out there I will be sure to have a horn on board and give him toot.
Pages: 1 2