BYYB Forums

Full Version: Bill Olney Quits Job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

James Sanders

Is Bill Olney listening too much to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville?

Maybe it's Paul Riccelli's comments about drenching in alcohol to make a deck have a better fit.

Maybe it's none of these, but it is true. Bill Olney has quit his job and will be at the Florida BEER cruise. He plans to be with the likes of rogues such as Craig Gleason and Scott Widmier.

"I plan to sail on Scott's McGregor plastic boat," he said. "I'm not sure whether or not Craig Gleason will be there, but I understand that a few BYYB ner-do-wells might show up."

I can see the headlines now—

Coast Guard Boards Widmier Boat

Power Boats and Jet Skiers Beware!
Naw Jim, yar have to have a real bow sprit to be a threat to them jet skis and power boats. Ya should see the look on their faces when the sprit crosses their bows when they try to jump the slip on ya at the dock.

I saw Scotts "attention to PM" message a while back and hoped Bill was going to sail the BEER with us. I'll be there with bells on! I even sent an assistant to two design reviews so I could get ready and go to this. (My boss is a sailor) I might show up on Thursday to mess around a bit with them before the official start. Scott is coming earlyer than that even but I can't get away any sooner. I have been making sails all week and finishing last minute stuff this weekend at the expense of going sailing. Took time out to buy Saralee a new washer and frig today. Damn has that stuff gone up! Then again she doesn't know what this new topmast assembly cost. Smile

When are you going to get that damn boat done? I am looking at and have applied to the Dept of Homeland Security for a couple jobs in Phoenix So if that boat ain't done if and when I get there is going to be a fire built under some nameless Arizona builder!!! We need to be sailing hoser, besides you were to sail here this fall and at this rate you're never going to make it!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
While it is true that i have quit BOTH my jobs, as well as furthering my education, i can assure you that this is only temporary. I will begin work in ernest again the END of JULY if you can belive it. who says teachers get three months off. this is why i am taking full advantage of every second i can get and working part time for $7.50/hr just isnt worth it to me, at least not as much as not having to work.

I am looking forward to being in Florida, i have never been there and i know i will have a great time, who could not being around these type of people. I look forward to finally meeitng Greg and who ever else i can from this board and others (even if i am on a plastic boat, at least I am on a BOAT; Jim would know nothing about that of course)
Well, it might be made of plastic but it is at least a rooomy plastic sailboat! I am planning on bringing a 12' wooden dory I built as a tender and if the plastic blisters Bill's butt too much he can seek relief and sail with the fleet in that boat :lol: . Looking forward to the BEER cruise especially with crew to help man the tiller so that I can drink grog.

Bill, you need to bring your tackiest shirt for a contest they are holding during the BEER cruise. So, throw something in your bag.
Scott, the problem i have with bringing my tackiest shirt is which one... i have so many. almost all of my shirts are either tommy bahama or nautica floral prints but none of them match my swim trunks Smile

James Sanders

Ahoy Bill,

You may well be on your way to Florida to sail with the likes of Craig Gleason and Scott Widmier. Maybe, though, we can forewarn you about the bunch you'll be sailing with.

Bill, I found this never before seen video of just what you can expect. You might recognize some of these people, and even if you don't know them now, you will soon meet them (at least, that the vicious rumor circulating around these parts)—

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRifgh3jO2c

You may also want to read Craig's most recent posting about a sailing adventure. He plans to take you aboard next time!
Very funny Jim, shot a little coffie out my nose here.

James Sanders

Ahoy Bill,

Yes, you are right— it might be somewhat safer not to venture off the dock with this bunch of ne'er-do=wells. However, Bill, from what I can see, you are not much safer on shore. Take a look—

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvsuNr-go...ed&search=

Watch out for those sea dogs, Bill.

Looks like you're in for a great time, Bill.
Take lots of photos, and tell us all about it when you get back.
8)

James Sanders

Here's the latest on the Bill Olney Florida adventure—

Bill Olney called last night. It must have been around 12:00 almost 1:00 in the morning, Florida time. He and Scott Widmier were sailing back from an undisclosed location, sailing at night they were and apparently near a bridge either in or close to Pensacola Bay, sailing in a small wooden boat.

Bill sounded happy; Scott sounded like himself, by that I do not mean he sounded unhappy. I just mean he sounded like Scott. I could hear him in the background, tending to the main.

No other rogues have yet to show up yet for the event. Such as it was, such as it is. Bill has promised to post photos.

James Sanders

Ahoy,

Here's the latest scuttlebutt according to Bill Olney.
(We want to keep you abreast of the true and the almost true.)

Craig Gleason Jumps Ship

Perhaps inspired by Nelson who leaped through a quarter-galley window to board the eighty-gun Spanish San Nicolas, and then, after having taken her, leaped aboard an even larger ship, the Spanish one hundred and twenty gun San Josef, Craig Gleason leaped aboard an adjoining boat while both boats were under full sail.

Gleason abandoned his own ship (at least temporarily) to the Master and Commander of Pensacola Bay, Bill Olney, esq. Later, Gleason re-boarded his boat in the same manner. This time, though, there were sharks all around, and a nude beach somewhere on the distant horizon.

Not to be outdone, or out-gunned, Master and Commander Bill Olney unfurled yet another of the four sails on the Gleason boat and pushed the rudder hard to port. A crack was heard, a loud noise, the top mast gave way either because of undue stress or cannon fire. Whichever it was, the topsail now hung loose. Undaunted, Craig and Bill continued under full sail, elapsing one production boat after the other, leaving all in their wake. More adventure yet lies ahead.
Pages: 1 2