BYYB Forums

Full Version: late season messabout?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aaron_stokes

i need to break the silence.

adla- back at the lake mead adventure, you mentioned the possibility of going to a lake in the mid western part of nevada at the end of the season. for the life of me, i can not remember which lake you were thinking of.

how is the vacationeer coming??

Darick_Anderson

yes I agree, the silence sucks. :x I have tried to get nimbus out a couple of times but things are gettin in the way. I will try again this week, the spring wind in the afternoon looks promising and it's not too hot yet, soo... Big Grin

Steve~Why does your boat sail wayyyyyy faster than the rest of ours? You seem to scoot right along in the lightest of breeses. Besides great seamanship, does your sail have a better form? Just curios :roll:
while Steves boat may very well be faster than yours, i am still saying that mine is the fastest (ask bret) :twisted:

steve does have exellent sail shape as well as expert seamanship, his might be faster also because it is lighter. i am sure that his modification to the seats saved a few pounds. also does he have a loose footed jib, i think that makes a difference as well, but cant remember if the falcon is that way or not.

Darick_Anderson

my sails look way cool :wink: but they a not that good as far as performance. I need a heavy wind to move along at a good pace. Which is always in short supply here on utah lake. Either it is howling or barley blowing, very rare in between.

Aaron~I think the lake Adla was talking about is walker lake near Fallon NV. I may be wrong. :roll:
I'm not sure guys. I always try to set the sails before I launch, standing on the ground. The jib is on a clubfoot but I keep adjusting it according to wind conditions. If anything the Falcon is heavier than most because of the white oak keel. It's really just a bare bones weekender standard plans and I'm really not that good a sailor. I'll try a few things out this weekend at Sand Hollow. You are right Darick, it is Walker Lake she talks about. She has a house there, sweet deal.
hi sorry -
I have two more paragraphs to write and I am turning in my paper - (yeah)

YES Walker lake is the lake

Steve - I will be there Sat. morning

a.

more later
I'll be there on Saturday morning probably sometime around 10:00 a.m. My daughter and her family cancelled so we won't bother to camp overnight. Jan wants to go to the women's expo at the Dixie Center so she'll drop me and the Falcon off then go shopping. Looking forward to it.
sounds good - I may or may not camp - but I will be there Sat about the same time (with the time difference) - I look forward to it too

a.
yes - i am surely going to be there in the morning and Steve I will bring your new electric motor....i look forward to a relaxing weekend OUT OF SCHOOL ---- as soon as i am done relaxing i will come back and get working on a fleet contact sheet ----

a.