BYYB Forums

Full Version: Christening weekend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well this past weekend was the big graduation party for my wife and all her nursing school friends. It was a good thing there was a bunch of nurses around because i got beat up all weekend. :-)
I officially christened the boat and got a great little video snippet of it I'll post later.
It was really windy all weekend and I had the sails reffed most of the time for taking passengers along for a ride. I was able to get it out by my self early one morning to she what she could do. It was scary but also a blast. I had the rail in the water most of the time and at one point she started going over way to far, I dumped the main and she didnt come down at all. I think te wind got a hold of the flat bottom and forsail and wasnt going to let go. I was holding my breath while getting to point into the wind. I could see at one point that the water was half covering the portholes. finally she leveled out. that was a close one but at least I got a fell for the tolerances.
I had troble with the mainsail all weekend, getting the sail up and down kept getting hung up. I was dissapointed in all that expensive sail track I bought. I had to climb the mast 3 times to get the main down. ( guess i should have left the rat lines on it. :-) ) I ran a small line up through the track cars for a downhaul and it worked great for the rest of the weekend but getting the sail up was still a hassle the whole time. I'll have to mess around with it to get it to work better.
All in all a very fun weekend. she sails great but still a little sluggish compared to my old Hunter 23, but a lot prettier. :-)
You might want to try spraying some dry teflon sailcoat lube on your track or some silicone spray. Don't use wax though because it will melt and make a mess of things. Sounds like you had one hell of a sail!

Keith
Here are some pics:
[Image: IMG_0277.JPG]
[Image: IMG_0275.JPG]

Here is the Christening!!
http://custompaperpocketyachts.k-j-g.com...ening.html

Here is a link to the other pics:
http://custompaperpocketyachts.k-j-g.com...AUNCH.html
Congratulations Kevin, great vidio and pic's, thanks for sharing the moment,

Brian.