BYYB Forums

Full Version: SE Fleet beware!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Next time the sails are filled at our messabouts and your cruising happily along, I'll be raising me black flag and loading the cannon. Ye be warned!

I put together a carbide cannon from 3"pvc and just got the carbide today. I fired off a few shots on the front porch and had all the dogs in the county barking. I have to build a mount for it and paint it up. Soon it will be ready for any vessel that crosses my bow. I'll post pics when it's done

Keith
Keith you "sure are pretty" they are going to love your sweet face in the pokie. Don't drop the soap.

The Coast Guard considers your cannon a firearm, just so you know. :wink: :lol: Confusedhock:
I guess I'd better check in with the DNR before blastin. I was planning to OK it with them anyway up at the State Park. If I can get some others involved it would be fun to have a pirate battle scheduled for the kids to watch. I know the ranger at Hartwell campground and I think they would enjoy it.

Keith
Carbide Cannon can be lots of fun. I'm still trying to figure out where to mount mine on the Weekender. I figure it will end up as a stern chaser.
[Image: cannon3.jpg]
Looks good, mine will be mobile. Mostly stored somewhere I suppose. I bought and ignighter from the big bang place and it lights the cannon great.

Keith
Swivel guns were often portable, moved from rail to rail, carried up into the "tops", etc.
Yeah, I was thinking on the same line as Paul, I think that I would mount them as swivel guns, less bulk as well.
Brian.