BYYB Forums

Full Version: It's good to have good friends
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

James Sanders

Ahoy,

Bill Olney just called a few minutes ago. He has found some Sitka spruce from a local supplier. The news made my day, but it also got me to thinking about good friends and one of the nice benefits of belonging to something like BYYB.

I've heard the same thing from other folks, some who live on the other side of the country. Everyone seems to enjoy the sailing events and the chance to meet new people and share moments with old friends.

Certainly, BYYB helps in building your boat, and for many of us, the building tips along with the encouraging comments was just what we needed to get started. Yet, more and more I am hearing people say, "I like BYYB because I like the people." Even though my boat is not finished yet, I rather think I'm in the last category, the one about enjoying the friendship and commaraderie. Good friends and good times— it doesn't get any better than that.
Well said Jim, now go back and read all the encouraging posts that have been sent your way and get back to work on that boat of yours! (I'll tell you a little known secret, it gets even more fun when you have a boat to sail at the gatherings)

Keith
Especially if it is the crown jewel of the fleet. :wink: