BYYB Forums

Full Version: Heartwell messabout'07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are some photos of the SE Fleet Messabout.
Brian.
http://messabouts.brisboatyard.com/Hartwell07.html
Nice job Mate, I'll get my photos to you at some point soon and post some here as well.....BOOM!

Keith
Excellent pix, and story Brian. The BBQ that Keith has in cool. When did you find it? Ginny Rae needs one of those. I can't wait for our HARD WATER to GO AWAY!!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the pre spring pick me up Guys. 8)

Greg
Well done! Thanks for taking us with you, we want more! Smile
Shame on the fleet members that did not show up.

Brian and Keith can relate the fun better than I can and tell more interesting stories because they met more people and had more excitment. I got a late start and arrived around 11:00 am Saturday. When we went back over to the boat show I had my first taste at handling "Fair Wind". The wind was light and we (Brian my crew) had to add a little power from the electric motor just to maintain steerage. "Fair Wind" does not point into the wind very good, with the wind at our back she handled real good. After we left the boat show we spent all afternoon sailing until the sun was low on the horizon. We had so much food that we were giving it away to other campers. Just before dark we went down to the boats and talked and watched the stars until almost midnight (Keith makes the best Beer that I have tasted).

I woke up at first light and watched a pair of Mallard ducks and a family of Canadian geese until Keith got up and we went to wake Brian for another days fun. The wind was at a dead calm so we motored back to the ramp and got ready to come home. The worst part of the whole trip was the moter boaters ignoring the "no wake signs" and having to go home.

This was my first camping trip in 37 years and the first time I slept on a boat unless you count 2 years on an aircraft carrier 45 years ago.
Yeah Those Motor boaters Sure were rude in the no wake zone We have somthing for them next time though, But that will be another story Confusedhock:
I will get this story finished tonight , like I said I had written most of it Last night When duh... :roll: I hit the wrong button and lost everything and had to start over, Thank all Y'all.
Brian.
What a wonderful story and narration Brian. I am so glad you guys had fun. I an almost back together. Another week or so and I'll be ready to sail. I hope....... :lol:
It was a really good time, I wish You could have made it. The wind was pretty good, I got to see how a Vacationer really moves with some wind,
It's a great feeling.
Maybe we can all get somthing going for Sailstice weekend, It would be fun to all get together again.
Brian.