BYYB Forums

Full Version: MortarBoard Messabout 2007!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
THANK YOU LIZARDS! for another wonderful get together.

i have some photos - and i will get them together on a page soon but until then - allow me a moment to reflect.

Bill arrived first, and alone, waiting for the rest of us, he decided to capture some images of the local wildlife:

[Image: HPIM1635.jpg]

he called me on the wrong cellular phone and left a desperate message (exaggerated for dramatic effect) .... and continued the Mutual of Omaha adventure:

[Image: HPIM1633.jpg]

Alas, alack --- Phil calls and leaves me a message - Darick and his family are lOoOking for ME....(we changed locations at the very last moment).....but Bill found them before I could leave a message with Phil - infact i left twO...the first time it was so noisy on the highway i wasn't sure who i called.....it all worked out!

Steve, Aaron, Darick, Bill --- and families were waiting at Boulder Beach campground when I arrived with my NONE too excited dogs -

[Image: P4140006.sized.jpg]

[Image: P4140007.sized.jpg]

we were barely able to get camp set up in the light and very fortunate to have STEVE DOWNS - the greatest Cowboy poet in the WHOLE southwest - to make dinner for us ------- only after a bit of nibbles did i venture over and say hello to Darick and Family and THEN -- we crashed Aaron's campsite and asked alll kINDS of QueSTiONs - WHOOoOOo RRrRrrRrr UUuuUuu? and whArrRrr did UuUuu ComEeee fRom? Etc.

satisfied with the "LIES LIES THEY'RE ALL LIES" that Aaron and his rabble fed us....we all crashed for the night!

In the MOrnING - we put the boats in the water!

[Image: HPIM1637.sized.jpg]

[Image: HPIM1645.sized.jpg]

[Image: HPIM1641.sized.jpg]

[Image: P4140014.sized.jpg]

Darick and his people stayed WISELY near the shore ------

we sailed for a while (in Steve's wake)

[Image: P4140013.sized.jpg]

admiring the way Aaron was able to fit his WHOLE family onboard!

[Image: P4140017.sized.jpg]

i never did CATCH Steve:

[Image: P4140033.sized.jpg]

Bill came close a time or two but PEtra SHOWed her TeEeth:

[Image: P4140058.sized.jpg]

not long after he SOAKED aAroN and FaMiLy --- in a double crossing, low down dirty stinking move - that he could only have learned from PHIL GOWANS!!!!

this photo is just before the dastardly deed!

[Image: P4140032.sized.jpg]

but then it got windy - real windy - super windy - hella windy!

and we all scuttled to shore!

more to come!
I think it is important to say that Bill and I take ourselves vERY SERIOUSLy!

[Image: P4140119.sized.jpg]

it was our graduation messabout!

Lunch WAS THE usual SUCCESS:

[Image: P4140132.sized.jpg]

AND THEN we started asking questions again about aaron and his boat! (A FINE VERY FINE WEEKENDER WE MUST SAY!)

[Image: P4140159.sized.jpg]

Bill dropped something REALLY IMPORTANT

[Image: P4140174.sized.jpg]

i told stories to Denise and Nichole - (they don't look like they believe me - I wonder why????)

[Image: P4140177.sized.jpg]

i've skipped the part about how aaron and i left our boats on the shore at lunch - tOooOo stinking windy and well...we were all hungry.

[Image: P4140075.sized.jpg]

more later (i keep saying that)

a.
Man you lizzards sure look like Y'all know how to have a good time.
Great comentary to some great pictures Adla.

Brian.
well - let's have some more photos!

I never got a shot of NImBUS on the WatER

[Image: P4140076.sized.jpg]

but I like what Darick has done with his boat - i think a couple of times I wished I had and OPEn boAt!

Darick and his people travel with 3 boats!!!

[Image: P4140083.sized.jpg]

a beach full of youngsters (all of the taller than me)

[Image: P4140081.sized.jpg]

locking Morgaine down for lunch - the wind was really wicked at this moment

[Image: P4140097.sized.jpg]

a
Steve - ALWAYS has the best sail shape!

[Image: HPIM1642.jpg]
Thanks Brian! we sure have fun (for real) and know how to fake it when it is SUPER windy!

all silliness aside - i want to thank the LIzArds because traveling in the Southwest is no easy thing - LOTS Of MILES were clocked this weekend! I hope everyone makes it home ok - some people drove as many as 400 miles (one way!) to be here...and it was a great event! Thanks to everyone! let's plan on a wonderful summer - Bear LAkE - YuBa ! here we COME!

a.
It keeps getting gooder and gooder!!!!

Glad you guys had fun - Hope everyone got home ok.

Looking forward to June 8th at Bear Lake, although it probably won't be as warm...

James Sanders

Ahoy!

Wow! What great photos!
Looks like the wind was good!
Adla apparently brought both dogs!

Bill, you would have looked better if you had taken my little red truck. Smile
How did the boat sail?

Barnacle Jim had to work.
Yes, even on Saturdays . . .

Darick_Anderson

Well we make it back. Big Grin

What a good time we had, even after the wind blew us off the lake Sad
The tour around Hoover dam was a saving grace for the kids, but I just love the camp fire with everyone around and Steve playing and singing. Great food and fun!!!!!!! Lets get the next one planned.

FULL SPEED AHEAD, THE SUMMER IS JUST STARTING!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

aaron_stokes

actually the stokes crew loged over 1000 miles round trip. i must say though, it was all worth it. we had more fun than we have had in a long time.

taking the time to reflect, it seems like it almost did not mater how much time we got on the lake. we played with our boats, solved problems and even had a chance to aid a comrad in distress.

speaking of which i feel stupid and relieved that our comedore is equiped with such a keen sense of intuition. i consider steve a great sailer... heck i could'nt even think about catching him because he is so good with his rig. i really did not think he was having any problems. way to go a! you called it.

i have lots of photos and will post them soon. i should not be on this site right now anyway because i have too much work that has piled up while i was out playing captain hookey. rock on lizards!!!
Pages: 1 2 3