BYYB Forums

Full Version: Abundance is sea worthy!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After taking off all week to get her ready, I have everything functional that needs to be to go sailing... Minus the winches I ordered which should be in tuesday.

Here I am testing the main.
[Image: IMG_0171.JPG]

Here are the sails up...
[Image: IMG_0178.JPG]

Here is everything stowed and ready for towing.
[Image: IMG_0181.JPG]

And here is my pirate team ready to go. :lol:
[Image: IMG_0058.JPG]
Awsome Kevin, Or I should say Captain, You must be pumped.
Yer Crew apears to be quite shiftyThough, I'd keep my eye out for a mutany Big Grin
Brian.

Brian R Walters

Nice one, Kevin. Looking at the first pic, I was going to suggest that maybe you forgot just one little thing.....the boom.

I second Brian's concerns about those rough-and-tumble bilge rats..........
Your right about the crew, there is a mutiny every night at bedtime. Smile
Kevin you are coming to BEER this year arn't you. We all need to see this fine craft up close. JT and I were the only real priates there, at least we were the only ones with priate ships! What say ye Cap'n 8)
Kevin save yourself a lot of problems and go ahead and build a keel catcher for your trailer. All you need is 2- 2x6 running down your trailer just to keep it lined up. Those boats are a monster to get back on without one. All it takes is the slightest current or wind and the back end will swing around on you. I fought mine for many lauches before getting it set up, now it's not that big of a problem. You'll also need to be prepared to get deep in the water to launch and retrive. Craig has a 53' :lol: trailer for his boat and it's not bad to get back on but your trailer looks a lot like mine, a bit small.
Good to see your almost ready, now if the weather will allow you to get it wet you'll be the proudest sailor on the water.

Keith
Hey Kevin,

Did you raise the height of your cabin trunk when you made it?

For some reason it looks taller to me. I could be the squared off front end. (which looks nice btw).

Dave G.
Well Kevin, you've taken loose footed main to whole other level, looks great. and the gaff "GONE", that quite a change. Have you calculated how much the mainsail area is reduced? I'd like to see how the mainsail attaches to the mast, the traditional method probably wouldn't work for your modification? Quite an innovative design.

That band of scallywags best listen to their Captain, lest they get a taste of Pan's cold steel, TIC TOC TIC TOC AGGGHHHRRRR!!!!!!

Greg

[Image: normal_August_06_messabout_013_WEB.jpg]
I dont think I lost much sail with the marconi rig. I raised the mast up to 20 feet as if you were to take your gaff and raise it straight up. Then I just put the brown tape on the sail to look like a gaff.
The main is attached with sail track and slides from west marine. A bit pricey but I didn't want to mess a whole lot with the mast as of yet. A later main sail will have clear material at the top to add to the "Virtual Gaff" illusion.

I did raise the cabin height 4" as well as square up the front and sides.

I do need to add keel catchers to the trailer, just dont know if I will be able to before the first launch.

Where exactly is BEER? Atlanta?
The BEER is a five night cruise hosted by the Gulf Region Trailer Sailors out of Pensacola Florida on 9 June. Here is a link Kevin.

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/b/s/bs_allen/index.htm

It is great fun and family oriented. Take a look a see what you think.
Pages: 1 2