BYYB Forums

Full Version: Progress on Little Gem modificiations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Following my rule of "if it ain't broke, fix it!" I started a remake on my bateau.com C12. Here are some pictures of the current progress. I hope to launch in time for our sailing club's small boat race next saturday.

[Image: normal_tabinplace.jpg]

[Image: normal_tabopen.jpg]

[Image: normal_cockpit.JPG]
[Image: normal_coaming.JPG]

I plan on making a removable pop-top cabin trunk. The forward space is 6' long and I put battens on the sides of the hull to which I plan on lacing or hooking a canvas berth. I have a beautiful egyptian cotton dacron sail ready to put on.
Nice work Scott, she's looking like her name now. You need to bring it up to hartwell next weekend though and show it off to all the Chris Craft folks, show 'em what a real boat looks like

Keith
Can't, I got obligations for all but saturday morning/early afternoon. Sometime we should do a messabout on Allatoona. We could launch from my marina and make our way to one of several coves. Folks who didn't want to sleep on board could pitch a tent on the shore. All of the north shore of Allatoona is Army Corps and people often camp on shore.
We should do that for memorial day weekend....NOT.

A cruise would make for a good messabout though. How cool would it look to have a bunch of wooden gaffers rafted up together with a group of drunken sailors onboard, someone would have to swim to shore and get a picture of that

Keith
Like the new look, very salty. The coamings and seats look fantastic.