BYYB Forums

Full Version: Fall Cruise on Choctawhatchee Bay Anyone????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some time back I promised Barnacle I would host a cruise on my home waters. 07 was the year. Now he doesn’t have that ready but I am thinking of hosting the cruise anyway. That would be ~ 60 miles east of the BEER location near Fort Walton Beach. Easy in easy out on I-10 and Florida State Road 85 south to the beach. I know this is way in advance but is there any interest? This will be a SE Fleet event but open to everyone who would like to attend. The time frame would be late Sept to early Oct. This will be a sleep aboard event as there are no public camp grounds on the bay. What say ye mates??

James Sanders

Ahoy Craig,

Barnacle Jim also made a promise, but that scallewag is not going to be able to show up. However, his absence should make the Choctawhatchee Bay event much more appealing to normal and decent folks.

I am told that his work schedule nearly sunk his boatbuilding effort. For the moment, at least, he and the boat are in the doldrums.
Now that I know Barnacle Jim wont be there, I am very interested! :lol: Just kidding, I would be interested either way as the Chotawhatever bay is definitely on my radar of places to go to. It would give me the chance to try out my modified C12 cruising on the Gulf coast. When were you thinking?

BTW, Jim can you tell Bill he has a PM?!?
I am thinking the last weekend in Sept up to the first two in Oct. Most of the heat is gone then and the winds are usually good out of the SW. Friday arrive and Sat, Sun, and Monday sail to three locations and depart on Tues. The route I am thinking of support Sunday or Monday departures very well also.
Don't forget Bud's messabout is in October.
I did, what are the dates again?
Craig Go ahead and set your dates now for your Messabout and I will work around it if need be. Don't forget the Annap. boat show and the Small craft Festival are the first part of Oct. Bud. Smile
So far Bud there has been no interest indicated. It is a bad time or folks with school age children. The lack of camping facilities on the bay hurts the prospects as well. Unless more than Scott express interest it is a wash. Scott is only 5 or 6 hours away so he can come anytime. Can you get away for the BEER?
I was planning on driving down on tuesday for the BEER cruise and getting some more cruising time in.

There are a couple of events I am contemplating going to but I need to look up the dates. One is that small craft festival down in Florida. Another is the classic boat cruise of the coast of south carolina.

I am available in September if we get it on the calendar early enough.
Let me see how the season goes as far as pulling the boat around without problems. That is such a long way to pull a boat and I worry about how much weight in on that single axle trailer every time I go somewhere. Somewhere in the future is another trailer just waiting for me to find it for sale
Pages: 1 2