BYYB Forums

Full Version: SE MESSABOUT POSTPONED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
See the note in the SE Fleet forums for more info. The weather just wasn't going to work for us this weekend. Watch closely now though as the weather reports change for the better after posting this

Keith
Ended up being a great sailing weekend though it is raining now. I went sailing Friday with the wife. Today, I raced and came in first and then second place. Wind was fairly steady in direction but varied from 2mph up to gusts of 15 mph.
Rub it in good Scott! I was looking outside all day yesterday wishing I was sailing. Still I wouldn't want to be out there tonight camping or anchored onboard. Those storms comming through look to be pretty strong.

All in all I think if the weather is good next weekend we will have an even better time with the boat show up there. I also got some work done on the boat today and on my kithchen last night, I got home from work at 10pm last night after building and spraying cabintet doors for my wall cabinets. Today I put some foam puzzle flooring in the boat. I think I'll get some carpet to cover it with and then have a nice soft floor to crawl around on. My knees always hurt after a messabout because of the hard floor. I got the seagull running and almost ready for showing off at the show. I still have to repair the leaking gas tank. Now it's time for a beer

Keith
I have to rub it in because I won't be out there having fun next friday and sunday like you will! Cry I used those puzzle pieces under my carpet on my Pocket Cruiser and absolutely loved it! Sounds like you got a lot of good work done.

Next saturday will see the launch of my redone C12 Little Gem and I will participate in the small boat race with her on Allatoona. Unfortunately, my schedule is filled up friday afternoon evening, saturday evening (daughters b-day), and all of sunday (big shanty festival) or I would join you at Hartwell.