BYYB Forums

Full Version: I've got sunbrella
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yahoo, I won an ebay on some sunbrella. I got 16 continuous yards of 60" sunbrella (sky blue) for $95.00. Planning on all sorts of fun projects, including cushions for Windrose, duffels for the v berth (like the ones Scott W built), etc. Should be here in a few days, better figure out the sewing machine with some cheap fabric. Smile
Need practice on the sewing machine? Practice on a 14' sail cover. Ship it to me and I will stow it for you out under the red building most of the time. I have a good place to stow it on Magnolia. Pop :wink:
Hey Pop, let me practice a little and I'll get some dark green for you and Magnolia and sew you one up. I'm looking forward to trying my hand at it.
I've got a little book that shows how to sew sailboat stuff and a sail cover is one of them. As long as it looks better than the beer sign thing you have her covered with now, I think you will be pleased.

Oh BTW, I bought you some "cockpit cushions" at a yardsale. They are dark green sunbrella fabric, they were patio cushions in their past life. However, I thought they would work great for you. I'll get them boxed up and drop them at the post office.

Any chance you might come up for the launch or soon there after? They are supposed to drop us in on May 21, it may be sooner but for sure by then... AND guess what... I've got a deep water slip now, so no more rowing to the mooring. I am very excited about it.

Also ordered Moyers Service and Overhaul Manual for the A4 to replace the one that drowned, it should be here any day. Life will be much easier with the new cockpit access hatch. I will no longer have to mount the beast. 8)

Think I'll head over to Sailrite and check on some thread. You guys having Easter dinner tomorrow. I'll give you a call, maybe I can talk to the whole clan Big Grin
That sounds like a great deal Angie, you can cover your entire boat with 16 yards. I've been thinking about making a bimini for my boat. I've got to get the mast and boom back on and get some measurements then get to bending some tubes. I was told the place where I got my fabric for my bunks also sells sunbrella really cheap. I've never seen it there but I'll take a long look around to see if they do have some. It's a surplus place so as Forrest Gump once said "You never know what your gonna get".

Keith
Great deal! I'm sort of keeping my eye out for some green, I'm planning on just making my seat cushions with vinyl, but I'm thinking bimini..

Hey Keith, 1/2 condiut works great for bimini's if you dont want to spend all that money on the bumini poles. I got the plastic bimini attachments from west marine pretty cheap and the 1/2" conduit fits just right in it..
That's what I was planning on Kevin. Who needs to spend so much extra on a trailer boat. I found some end fittings in the sailrite catalog just yesterday.

Keith