BYYB Forums

Full Version: This is the last straw !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I’m really enraged about this information a friend of mine heard Saturday, there is an announcement being made on Monday. An influential organization has developed user fee for sailing vessels. The amount of wind that is generated in nature is an excellent renewable revenue resource. The fees are based loosely on two things, time spend sailing, and dimensional size (square footage)of main, jib sails, . We will be required to maintain, and submit ships logs to an international agency, along with accurate measurements of our boat sails. The percentage of user fee will be announced tomorrow, it is believed to be somewhere in the neighbourhood of 6-10 %. The details will be clearly defined in tomorrow’s information release.

I can’t understand why those of us that choose to own environmentally friendly boats, are being treated in such a contemptuous fashion. We are probably getting this treatment due to our low or lack of fossil fuel consumption. Seem there is no free ride, even on natures winds. We should rally together, on this site to express our dissatisfaction at this unfair treatment.

Greg
They will have to kill me before I pay for wind!!!
Where did you find this Information? I would like to check it out.

Brian.[Image: pirate.gif]
Trick or treat..... ooops, wrong holiday.

Brian, more green beer! Maybe add a little Pusser's to the mix. :lol:

Don't forget, wind... I mean all it really is, is HOT AIR, will always be free-- especially around here. Confusedhock: :lol:

Brian R Walters

You could always install a wind generator and make your own... :lol:
Oh Damn! :oops:
Hi all, hoped to find one APRIL FOOL in the crowd. Sorry about that Brian.
Hey wind generators, I like that. If we could generate it, and store it for calm day WOW, all kidding aside, have a great day.

PS no April Fools joke it's -26 with wind chill today, up here. And the snow is quite deep, and my favorite lake is still hidden under 4 feet of ice. Brrrrr
it's -26 with wind chill today.....That ain't nothin down here in Atanta we're buried under a foot of pollen. They had to get the snowplows out just to get around. The news folks say that a 180 pollen count is high, last week we had 5990. It really looks like a dusting of yellow snow.....and no you don't want to eat it either.

Keith

Ray Frechette Jr

Quote:They will have to kill me before I pay for wind!!!
]

Yeah, Well in my home town they instituded a new storm water utility! A Rain Tax, and that wern't no April Fools joke, nor no Laughing matter.!
I'll admit,

I too was becoming a small bit enraged while reading your post, I thought how could this be possible, then I read down the list of additional posts and realized I had been fooled...........April fooled as it where.
Yep jumped right in,Boots an' all. You got me good,
Hey Greg...
[Image: fullmoon.gif]

:lol: Brian
Pages: 1 2