BYYB Forums

Full Version: Rude awakening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went by the boatyard to schedule Windrose's launch for May 1st-- thinking I was ahead of schedule, since it is a month away-- only to find out the first available date is May 21st. :o Cry I had no idea! I wished I had done that sooner. I went on what is called the "stand by" list, meaning that if they complete their launches for the day they will put her in without owner supervision, stick her in a slip somewhere and call you and let you know where she is.... Thank goodness for little Fat Chance so I can still get my sailing fix.
That's a bummer, you should find a smaller yard to store your boat. I used to keep mine in a working yard. I could have her moved in a moments notice. The guy who owned the place designed and built his own lift. It was a monster of a machine but it worked very well, he could pull 50' boats out with it. Everything was hydraulically run including the 2 truck axles that moved it along. I wish I had a picture of it to post it was impressive

Keith
You mentioned the two key words in the problem, "working yard". Most of the yards in this area do not allow you to do your own work. The yard where I am is large, but it allows you to do your own work. It even has a place you can go rent whatever tools you don't own. It also has all sorts of contractors that have shops on site, so it is sort of like "the" yard.

I don't think it will take to May 21st, my boat is small relatively speaking so she we be an easy add on to the end of a day. I won't be there to see how roughtly they handle her, but as long as they don't break anything it's all good.

Brian R Walters

I don't know Ang, a flat of beer goes a long way with the yard rats here...
These are all gals in a fancy office, I tried a $20 bill and some southern charm instead.... we'll see how it works......