BYYB Forums

Full Version: So now that this beastie actually works...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

John Kocher

Hey Angie and Karl,

So now that I know that this beast I built actually works we'll have to get together! I need to figure out out whats up with my old Evinrude outboard or make a new mount for a 3 hp Seagull I bought. Only problem with the Seagull is that it doesn't swivel 180 degrees, so I have no way to go in reverse. I'm hoping maybe being to meet up in 2 or 3 weeks?

john k.
Those old gulls look great on our boats. I have one that I got from Ed Jones who got it from Angie. The really cool thing about it is I have reverse. They sure make a lot of noise though. I've got to seal the tank on mine again. It leaks at the posts on the back. I tried soldering it last season but after running it for a while the gas was dripping again. I too have an evinrude that I use, and old 6hp that pushes her along just fine. I've got to get them back into service soon for next month. Enjoy your boat

Keith
I've got a Featherweight Gull on Fat Chance and what I use as a kicker on the dingy. My neighbor has offered me the same motor I sold Ed, I just have to go pick it up. The 5hp has both reverse and an alternator, you do need the alternator attachment but it is readily available on the net. Keith, did you put the attachment on yours.

John, can't wait to get together with you. Karl and I live about 1.5 miles from each other so we get together pretty often, come out and play with us.
Mine has the alt but I haven't hooked it up yet. I'll give it a try this season though. I put a meter on it and it seems to be working, I just don't know how long I can sit and listen to the battery charge. If I do the BEER I will definatly use the gull for charging

Keith
Angie and John

How about a mini messabout the weekend after Easter (April 14 and 15) Idea :?: :?: Idea
If the weather and tides are right we could sail over to the Rhode River or just mess around the West River.
I have a committment that Saturday the 14th, but I could sail on the 15th.

John Kocher

April 15th works for me - looking forward to it! I guess we'll be launching out the ramp down the street from Angies? (I can go anywhere, just name the spot).
that is the same weekend that the SWF is having a messabout in VeGa$, and i think that the other fleet is having something that weekend as well. that is pretty cool. three fleets doing something the same weekend.

make sure to take lots of pictures and maybe write a quick article or something for the Gaff-Rig. that is why we don't have a new edition yet is no content. a multi fleet, mutli regional messabout would make great content.

thanks for getting an event going.
I just found we have a wedding to go to on the 15th, so I can't make it. Cry Cry Cry
I need to start checking with the wife before making any plans. :oops: :oops: :oops:
What about the next weekend, April 21. Would that work for you guys? We might be able to make an announcement on the main board and maybe over at Frank's place and get a few more folks if we plan it.

I think Scott King Walker and Dick Russell still have boats in the area, there may be others.

They are having a used gear yardsale that day, April 21, at Herrington Harbor North. We could incorporate a trip over to the yard sale, it should be huge.
Pages: 1 2 3