BYYB Forums

Full Version: Picture Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since I’m more visual than verbal, here are the latest progress pictures

[Image: IMG_0014.jpg]
Rub/Toe rail and coaming

[Image: IMG_0015.jpg]

[Image: rudder.jpg]

It's the little things that take time.

Kayakarl

kenconnors

SWEEET! i am digging that hatch! 8)

Milos Korenc

Nice work, Karl. I like those details, maybe I missed something but have you consider water drain on the hatch?
Milos
Quote:I missed something but have you consider water drain on the hatch?

The hatch is made kind of the way flush hatches are done on kayaks, just with more beef.
When closed the hatch top is flush with the top of the framing. The lip the hatch closes on will have the same gasket use on kayak hatches.
It will be watertight and strong enough to walk, jump, and dance a jig on.

Kayakarl
Hey Karl, thanks for the 3000 words. After all a picture is worth 1000. I like the upper rub rail, if sealed right there should be little to no moisture penetration on the plywood end. Great progress!!!!
Looks really good! I like the rudder box and tiller set up...

a.
It looks vaguely familiar.......... 'cept yours has a "smart knot" (that's what ol timers call that knot on a dog's head, good uns have big uns!) :lol:. 8) Are you going to use a dagger style or a barn door rudder?
Angie
I made a dagger rudder, and plan to make a barn door one also.
That way there will be one for all occasion.
Show the fine folks a shot of the bulkheads, etc...

They need to get a better preception of s/v My World, don't be shy.

(This boat makes my old gal s/v Fat Chance look like I built her with a hatchet). :lol: 8) ..... and I think FC is "right purty". 8)

ARRRGH Confusedhock:

http://groups.msn.com/SandbarsandDriftwo...hotoID=604
Hey Angie
Sorry I missed you guys today. Saw your note on MY WORLD. I had to run to the paint store and get some brushes.
Took advantage of the good weather and pulled the boat outside and painted the sheer edge, plus primed the rub rails. Maybe I’ll get the rub rails on this week.

Today’s picture

[Image: SHEER01.jpg]

[Image: HATCH01.jpg]

Kayakarl
Pages: 1 2